- 5 C. chicken broth
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. Arborio rice
- 1/8 t. saffron threads crushed
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 C. blanched asparagus pieces
How to Make Asparagus Risotto :
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- Turn down to a simmer. Heat oil in a 4 qt. saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until transparent.
- Add rice and stir until the rice turns opaque and is coated with the oil.
- Add 1 cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost all of the broth is absorbed.
- Add broth 1 cup at a time until rice is tender.
- Add the asparagus. Take off the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. The process will take about 20 minutes.