- 1 C. pancetta, cut into julienne strips
- 4 egg yolks
- heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ons spaghetti pasta
- 1 C. parmesan cheese, grated
Directions Italian Spaghetti Carbonara :
- Cook pancetta in a large saute pan over a medium flame to render the fat and crisp the pancetta. Set aside pan with pancetta.
- Beat the egg yolks with the cream and black pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain in a colander.
- Do not rinse the pasta, which will cause it to lose its flavor and starch.
- Add the pasta immediately to the pancetta in the saute pan and pour in the cream mixture.
- Stir over medium heat for one minute. Add the grated parmesan and toss to coat the pasta.
- Check for seasoning. Top with more parmesan if you desire.
Italian Spaghetti Carbonara is Ready to be Served.